HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
One of my Facebook friends posted, “Well I guess now that it’s 2016, we’re closer to 2030 than we are to 2000,” and that made my brain hurt a little bit (thanks, Jed).
While I am very excited for the New Year, I am still sitting here thinking “WOW, 2015 was so good!!”
Let me break down my favorite moments for you.
- I received an Honorable Mention All-League Award for basketball (a goal of mine)
- We made it to Pendleton for the third year in a row (and the boys for the 10th)
- We won the State Championship in March
- Our choir went on a local tour and visited Multnomah Falls, the Vista House, and the beach
- Our choir flew to Indiana for the MSC Festival and I got to sing with about 500 other students
- While in Indiana, we got to spend a day in Chicago (somewhere I had never been)
- My Grandparents flew across the country and surprised me for graduation
- I graduated and had the privilege to give a Valedictorian speech
- I went to DISNEYLAND (also somewhere I had never been)
- I started working full-time over the summer months
- I spent an extremely beautiful day exploring and photographing the beach with two wonderful friends (seriously, most gorgeous day I’ve ever been to the beach)
- I started college!!!
- I met some incredible people whom I love very much (and can’t wait to see again in a week)
- I chopped my hair off!
- I shot my first wedding
Honestly , 2015 was incredible. I have some pretty high standards for 2016 now. 😉
I compiled a video below of everything I said above and more. Some may consider it a glorified Flipagram, but it’s full of some pretty great memories and people that I love dearly and I would love for you to watch it.
Again, Happy New Year! May God bless you in the upcoming 12 months/52 weeks/366 days (it’s a Leap Year!).